Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Silverscreen Movie Posters...To Your Right & Down A Bit!

This blogging malarkey is all very time consuming, especially when you try to spruce things up by adding a page element like the new slideshow facility. Fuckin ell! You can't link to photos on your computer's hard drive because of the way it is all set up so you have to be a member of Picassa Web Album, Flickr, Phototbucket, or some other picture hosting service. So in order to have some flashy visuals to look at I had to join up to one of these websites. I picked Flickr and over the course of half a day I collected the pictures I wanted from the net, saved them on my computer then uploaded them to my newly created Flickr account. Then I had to do some hot linking thing between the two websites. Phew! It's now up and running and looks ever so pretty on the right hand side of my page. It's just a visual representation of the list of movies I recommend to others. It's not a list of the most obscure and avant-garde art house pieces which will give me an air of superiority in all matters of film knowledge and taste. It's just a film list littered with mainstream blockbusters from all eras. I'm not interested in trying to prove anything nor do I have airs of pretension. I hate film snobs who try to do that and I do not wish to be one so I guess that elitist attitude makes me a kind of snob anyway. I am what I am and I simply love any kind of B-Movie and make no apologies for it to anyone. They are always great to watch and pure escapist fun. If I needed a dose of melodrama then I would watch the Lifetime or Hallmark TV channels. If I crave a film which studies matters of the human condition and the milieu which brings about such cultural and sociological variations then I'll go to a multi medium art gallery or an independent film festival. For all my other needs I'll trundle off to my local cinema and see the magic unfold there. The list mainly comprises films in the following genres...Science Fiction, Horror, Fantasy, Live Action Comic Book and Animation. There are some other films from other genres stuck in there which I absolutely adore and couldn't leave off the list, but they are the exceptions to the rule.

No comments: